Tuesday 26 October 2010

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” - Seneca

Good thing I'm not a big believer in luck. This is how my run started today -

I backed my ATV out of the garage and managed to destroy my rearview mirror in the process. Nice!!!

About 7 miles into the run we came over a rise and spotted a couple loose cows. How is it that it is okay to pass them when 4 little measly strands of barb wire that dogs can slip through in a heartbeat, but panic ensures without???



'Luckily' (yes, I'm grinning - luck didn't have much to do with it - training and experience played a much bigger factor!!!) we got by without incident!

And yes, Mom and baby ran along next to us for about a 1/4 mile before we got by them.

Karen

3 comments:

mgailt said...

Your last comment about training and experience says it all, Karen. Maybe Mom and Baby just needed a run, too.

Pat in MN said...

Good training indeed! Who was in lead and/or which dogs were most instrumental in helping you "on by"?

Karen Ramstead said...

It was all my leaders - who happened to be Charge and Wifi.
=)